Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Thanksgiving in December...Yes I know....

I was having trouble uploading pictures on our other blog so...I had to make a new blog.  For the next few posts I will be back logging.
My mom came out for Thanksgiving and that, to me, is the best Thanksgiving ever!!
My mom is the cutest lady I know and helps to make the task of preparing a big meal, much more fun!
While pies were baking we decided to make a Gingerbread house, which is a tradition at our house.
The kids were thrilled as ever to be with their Grandma T.
Tyson is deep in thought as we work on our Gingerbread house.  He is contemplating what candy to put where.
Smiles all around.
The second yummy pumpkin pie.  It is my sister's recipe and is a winner.  The stuff on top is a mixture of brown sugar and butter.  YUMMY!
The house is completed.  I learned, after the first time of making a Gingerbread house, that you glue gun the sides and tops of the house together and then add icing around the edges to MAKE it look like the icing is holding it together.  It makes the construction of it much more fun!!   No one is edgy cause the icing won't hold the sides together.  (Yes, I have had my issues with the icing).
The cooking area.
Potatoes and rolls are ready, and the bird is next.
The bird has been stuffed full of garlic and herb marinade.  This is the secret recipe of the Jackson's famous Thanksgiving turkey.
Just to clarify, no one was burned in the cooking of the bird.  We have it down to a science.
While the bird cooked, Grandma T had presents for the kiddos.  They loved the bows and arrows. We shot them against the brick of the house so they wouldn't get shot in the street and cause one of the cars to crash!
The table is set, the kids are happy, BRING ON THE FOOD!
The chef is slicing up the bird and our mouths water.  Needless to say the meal was so GOOD! We all ate and ate and ate.  Then we took a nap and slept for an hour.  After waking up, it was time to get kids into bed.  Momma had to shop.
Black Friday is my all time favorite night to shop.  I love to get a good deal!  I took mom, left Vaughn and the kids home to sleep, and we camped out at the Target doorstep for two hours, which only seemed like 30 minutes, since we had a ball taking and laughing.  Luckily it wasn't cold outside and so we didn't freeze like last year.  We were the 100 person in line and I was able to find everything that I needed.  I even got the last   twistables Crayola Crayons.  I grabbed them before another lady.  Whew!!  And then I lost my mom....it took me 15 minutes to find her in the swarm of people, but I did find her.  And yes I could have called her phone to locate her, but she left it at my house.
After our bundle of presents at Target we headed to Kohl's to wait again for another two hours, but we had fun and were the 10 person in line.  We again, got everything we needed and then headed to the mall for more goodies.  Then around 2 a.m., my mom remembered that she had forgotten to get something for Tyson at Kohl's.  So we headed back to Kohl's for another gift and waited for 1 hour to check out.  That was the longest we waited all night in a check out line.  

We got back to the house around 4:30 a.m. I was exhausted but happy.  Most of my presents were bought and I got to hang out with my mom at the same time.  Best night ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment