Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve

This year our Christmas Eve was made simple.  No family came to visit this year, but we were not sadden by this.  It is actually nice to be together, just the four of us, doing our traditions.  Tyson helped me make the pumpkin pie.  He is turning into a good little cook/helper.
Vaughn took the best shot of me making the pie crust.  I look like a "pretty princess".  HA HA HA
We spent the day as a family, grocery shopping for Christmas dinner, picking up Papa Murphy's pizza for our traditional movie and pizza and then playing games and hanging out.  We seldom get this "family time" since Vaughn works a lot and the kids and I are busy with our many activities.  It was nice to just sit and relax and enjoy each other's company.
The pie was made, the other dinner aspects ready for tomorrow, now it's time to watch our traditional Christmas movie and eat pizza.
Our movie was "The Polar Express" and the pizza was pepperoni/Hawaiian.  
Daddy and daughter enjoying the movie.  This is such a precious picture.  I am so grateful each and everyday that Vaughn and my kids are in my life.  That is the best Christmas gift I could get.
Me and my little buddy.  I love this kid.
Once the movie was over, it was time to bake our cookies for Santa and get kids washed and ready for bed.  With the cookies and a glass of Coke, (Santa is treated well at this house.  He gets Coke instead of milk) all laid out, we snuggled two kiddos into bed and Vaughn and I have been wrapping some last minute gifts plus getting ready for Santa ourselves.
Tyson has come down the stairs, twice, saying he cannot sleep.  He is too excited for Christmas to come.  I remember those days.  Bless him.  So we are now upstairs trying to get him to sleep.  At least the princess is out in her bed.  Thank goodness. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good and sleep filled night.

No comments:

Post a Comment