Sunday, September 1, 2013

Tyson's 8th Birthday

8 years ago today, at 1:47 pm, I was blessed with this handsome little boy who has forever changed my life.  Today is his eighth birthday, marking a new point in his life where he will be baptized a member of the LDS church next Sunday.  I cannot believe that my son is that old.  Wow!  Where did the time go?
It was church today, and Vaughn had to work, so Tyson had to wait to open his presents.  He was pretty good about being patient.  Here he is with his sweet sister.
After church it was a quick trip home and change of clothes, and it was on to the opening of the presents.  Tyson got money, a new bed spread, 3DS game, clothes, scripture bag and more.  The kid was elated!
Look at his loot!
He was all smiles today.  He loves the fact that he is eight, and is older than seven.  Ha ha ha
The birthday cake.  
We sang to him and he blew out the candles.  Then we went to the Boomsday firework show and watched them light up the sky.  Tyson thought it was cool they had fireworks on his birthday. 
About the cake....
This is how the cake started out.  Just a green slab, and then I tried to image on the bronco head.  That didn't work out so well because my frosting wasn't set up enough.  So I had to free hand it.  Now take into account that I don't draw, at all, so I felt half way decient about this.
Then I had to fill in the bronco image, which was no easy task.
Finally, I took 45 minutes, using the grass Wilton tip to make the grass on the football stadium.  (The things we do for our kids). Then it was numbers, hash marks and the writing.  All finished!  I thought it turned out about as good as one of my mom's cakes.  She is the artist in the family.  It was the best day and Tyson loved every minute of it.  Dollywood tomorrow and family comes in for a week and then a baptism.  We will be busy but loving every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment