Friday, September 13, 2013

Ragnar Running with the Supermoms.

I am running in a 200 mile race with 11 other ladies in October.  This race is called Ragnar.  I have been training for this for months.  When I started training in June, I could barely run and mile and every bone, joint and muscle would ache for days.  Then I was running two miles without much protest from my body.  I am now up to 4.2 miles without issues.  This is one of those things that you put on your bucket list.  We each have to run 3 separate legs.  My first leg is the first one of the day starting with a 7.8 mile run.  Holy Cow!  I haven't run that far yet, and I stress the yet.  I have time still to train, thank goodness.  My second run is 3.5 and then rounding it off with a 5.4 mile run.  I hope my body can with stand all the training I am putting it through.  I am on a schedule to run M, W, F And Sat.  On Tuesday and Thursday I cross train and lift weights.  I can actually say I am in better shape now than I have been in years.  I totally hate to get up and run in the mornings, but once I complete the run, I am so glad that I did it.  I can't wait for this race.  It should be a good bunch of memories.  

No comments:

Post a Comment