Friday, September 6, 2013

Family Week

It is the week for family.  Since Tyson's baptism is this Sunday, all our family is coming into town.  We couldn't be happier.  Grandma and Papa Jackson came into town Monday night.  We had tons going on Tuesday and Wednesday so on Thursday, I checked Tyson out of school a bit early and we took the grandparents to the Oak Ridge Beach.
Taryn found her special rock, as she does, right at the beginning and so therefore she was happy.  Whatever makes her happy.  Love her!
Papa was trying to teach the kids how to catch the minnos in the water, but my kids couldn't hold still and they never made a catch.
We kept seeing these long tracks in the sand by the shore and found shells at the end of each track.  They were snails.  The kids were so interested that they made it into a game to hunt for the shells.  Taryn found a bunch.  She wanted to take them home, but mom has a rule; animals need to stay in their natural habitat.
A second attempt to catch the little minnos.  
Now everyone was in on the fish catching.  We came up short on the fish, but had a blast at the beach.  I was glad we could go there.
On Friday morning, my mom, sister and my nephew Tritt came into town.  My sister and nephew have never been to Tennessee.  I love the fact that they were in my home.
Taryn loved having Tritt to follow around and play with.  He had so much energy.
We had him dancing to Taryn's music and cracking us up.
We went outside to play with the milk cartons and bean bags, but Tritt wanted to wear it on his head instead of playing the game.  Silly kid!
Tyson was entertaining Tritt.
Cute cousins.  
I love this kid.  It breaks my heart that I am not closer to be with him more.  I can't wait till I have the means to go home more and spend time with him.  
We played, ate and laughed till the late hours, then it was a little bit of sleep and up for Tyson's birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment