Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Beginning, A New Year

2013...A new year.  We were talking last night about how in the Back to the Future movies there were hover boards and flying cars up and around the year 2010 or something like that. Hmmm...where are those things?  At least we have upgraded to I-pads, and phones that practically do anything but wash our laundry.  We are of a digital age, which is kinda cool and also very time consuming.  I can spend too much time with technology and not enough with my family.
So...for my New Year's Resolution, I have decided to leave the technology to a minimum and spend more of that time with my kids and those I love.  Now that is a weird resolution, I know.  Most people's are to loose weight, make more money, read more, study harder in school, etc., the list goes on and on.
I remember when I was teaching that I would have my students write down their resolutions for the new year upon their return to school from holiday break.  We would then seal up these papers in named envelopes, to be opened at the completion of the year.  It was funny to read them on the last day of school and find that 99% of those "so called" resolutions were not met.
 I think in order to have a new goal for the year it has to be a reachable one.  Making a million dollars would be extremely cool, but let's face it, it will not happen.  Instead we need to focus on what is really important and work towards that; baby steps at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment