Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Productive Weekend

The weekend started on Friday since school was canceled again because of the imminent threat of an ice storm.  Which was a good call on the School Board's part because on Friday morning everything was covered in a sheet of ice.  A good day to stay indoors and get some neglected projects finished.  The first on our list was the derby car.
Last year we made a tank, so this year Tyson wanted a truck.  So Vaughn, Tyson and I constructed this bad boy and it turned out pretty good.  We learned a few tricks of the trade in pinewood derby racing and hopefully they will turn out to help us.
I am so loving the modge podge. I can print off any decal from the computer and paste it on the truck.
The truck was finished and race ready.  Bring on the race...tomorrow.
Next project was Valentine's Day Mailboxes.  I had seen these on Pinterest and they looked easy.  It has just been hard to find time to do them.  We bought everything for under 5 bucks.  Loved that!  We spray painted the candlesticks black and glued them to the mailboxes, bought from Target.  Then we found some wooden "T's" and with red paint and glitter we spiced them up and glued them to the door of the mailboxes and Viola!  CUTENESS!
They look very Valentineish.  My plan is to place a little "love" note or candy each day starting on February 1st till February 14th, Valentine's Day.  I thought it would be something fun for the kids.  
I decided to do this cause we do so much for Christmas and then...blaw, blaw, blaw.  Nothing!  So I wanted to make Valentine's a time for some more "Fun" stuff.  I hope they like it.
 Then it was time to work on my Jack and Jules consignment stuff.  I went through many totes to find all of the summer clothes that the kids have grown out of.  Then I have to wash, iron some, and hang them with safety pins.  Whew!  I have about 60 clothes so far ready to go...and that is only half.
Here is the other work of the day, my consignment stuff that cannot be hung but that must be placed in bags or zip tied.  Yes it is a process and some do not think that it is worth it.  But...I look at it like this:  I can either donate all of this and make nothing, or DO this and make 200+ dollars and have money for next year's school clothes.  I find it to be worth it.  We had a very solid day.  Now it is time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment