Sunday, December 1, 2013

5K, Thanksgiving Dinner & Black Friday

Ever since Ragnar, I have had the running bug.  I am not so extreme to where I am going to run the Boston Marathon, but I do want to run some lower races.  I told my mom we were going to run in the Hot To Trot 5K run on Thnaksgiving Day.  We had to be at the starting line by 6:30 am.  Here we are ready to run!
The kids and Vaughn were our cheering section.  We were ready. Bring on the race!
My cheerleaders.  I love these two.  They make me feel like I can do anything.
Mom and I were at the beginning of the start line and when they said, "GO" I took off. (This was mostly due to the fact that it was 20 degrees outside. YIKES!  Can you say cold!)  I told my mom that I was going to run as fast as I could to see what place I could get. I ran well the first two miles, but then my IT band on my knee started to act up and I had to slow down.  I was not happy to let people pass me.  As I rounded the road to the finish line I pushed as hard as I dared and ran across the finish line. My family was at the 10K finish line and missed me!  Bummer.  Oh well, we were all there to see my mom run across the finish line.  Mom finished 6th in her age group and I finished 8th in mine out of 195 people.  I ran an 8.09 mile.  Wow!  That is the fastest I have ever run.  It was awesome!
After running the race, it was breakfast at The Waffle House.  That is my favorite place to eat breakfast. They have the best waffles and grits. Then we had a good rest for a few hours.  That felt great!  The kids watched the MACY'S Day Thanksgiving Parade.  They loved it.  Then it was time to cook and get ready for Thanksgiving dinner with the Curlees and Schultz's.  We made yams, yummy, veggies and a deep fried turkey.  (It makes my mouth water just thinking about it.)
After a delicious meal with our friends, mom and I headed for some Black Friday shopping.  We camped out at JCPenny's for 1 hour and 30 minutes, to be the tenth person through the door.  We were in and out in 30 minutes headed to Target.
Target was about 40 minutes on account that their check out line was long, however it moved quite fast.  Kohl's is a store I wish we wouldn't have gone to, even though we got killer deals.  We stood in line for an hour to check out!  Arg!! Thank goodness the mall was much nicer.  We had us some early breakfast at Subway and shopped until 2:30 am.  We came home and slept.  I felt good about all the money we saved.  I love Black Friday shopping!  Wahoo!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment