Monday, October 28, 2013

Taryn is 5

On Thursday, October 24, Taryn turned 5 years old.
This has been such a jam packed October, that her birthday fell on the same day as Tyson's school trunk-or-treat, and the night I left for Ragnar.  It is either feast or famine around here.
Everyone was up early to open gifts.  Taryn and I had made cupcakes for her to take to preschool, but after we opened her gifts, we founds out that the teacher was ill.  Arg!!!  That means no preschool.  So much for staying up till the wee hours of the morning making cupcakes.  Oh well!  Such is my luck.
Taryn was showered with love from us and from her grandparents, and aunts.
Tyson bought her this Hello Kitty paint set months ago.  He and I had seen it in Costco and he wanted to get it for her right then.  What a thoughtful kid!  She loved it, as you can tell.
Grandma T, sent her the Princess Sophia book.  She has been eyeing this particular book for months.  She wanted to save up her money to buy it; now she doesn't have to.  Thanks Grandma T!
Papa and Grandma Jackson got her the Princess Sophia dress up kit.  This is another item she has been eyeing.  Can you tell she likes Princess Sophia?
The present even had some dollar bills on it, which only added to the awesomeness of it!
Great Grandma Karen sent her a princess necklace in the shape of a sparkling pink crown.  We have been wearing it ever since.
Aunt Jennifer and Uncle Mark gave her the Brave bow and arrow.  Now she has something to shoot when Tyson shoots his.  
Since there wasn't any preschool to go to, I decided to take my little princess out for breakfast at her place of choice, which just happen to be the Waffle House.  They have the BEST waffles and grits!  Yummy!  We stuffed ourselves silly and the ladies who worked there all told her Happy Birthday.  She was on top of the world.
We were able to get all dressed up and go trunk-or-treating at Tyson's school.  Afterwards, we had to rush home, eat dinner and have cake, since mom had to leave for Ragnar shortly thereafter.
The big number five.  I still remember the day she was born.  What a precious angel she is to us.  I couldn't have imagined life with her, now I can imagine it without her.  She is my little shadow, my shopping partner, and my best friend.  
Happy Birthday precious angel!  Mommy loves you so much and I am so proud of all the accomplishments you have made in your little 5 years of life.

She had to try on the Princess Sophia outfit.  Doesn't she look like a living princess?  I think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment