Monday, July 29, 2013

Girls Camp 2013

It's Girls Camp time 2012.  I was asked to be the craft lady.  I quickly asked for a helper, my good buddy Abby.  She and I do Stampin Up together, and she has a crafty mind, a good choice in my opinion. We collorabrated for months and came up with some great crafts, at least we thought so.  We just hoped and prayed that the girls would like them.  We also decided to spruce up our "craft cabin" with banners, streamers, lights, balloons, and some music.
Cute decor huh?
Here the girls are making their first and second day crafts.  We made washer necklaces and Mod Podge lanterns.  They were a hit.  The girls had free time everyday from 1:45-3:30.  During this time they had the choice of going to different things.  They could learn about archery, princess prep, Zumba and crafts.  Out of the 75 girls at camp, we only had about 35 come and see us the first day.  But the news about the fun times in the craft cabin spread quickly and the next day we had 50 girls.
We were even popular with the leaders.  It was so fun to get to know them all and partake of their awesome personalities.  They all lit up the room with their characters.
We had placed big pieces of paper over the tables in the "craft cabin" and always had markers out for the girls to write, and draw on.  They loved it.  The girl graffiti was awesome.  
My partner in crime, Abby.  Love this girl. We even made and wore the aprons you see here everyday at camp.  We wanted everyone to know who the craft ladies were.  Needless to say, we stuck out!
All the leaders put on a skit during skit night.  We put this together in an hour.  Lol. It wasn't bad if you ask me.
The mess hall was nice and big enough for all of us to eat in and to hold our big productions.
Some of my Beehives: Elizabeth Nelson, Haily Groberg, Baryn Butte, and hiding her face is Emily Curlee.
On the last night we had each of the wards' bishops come and enjoy dinner with their ward's girls and leaders. It was nice to have some one on one time with our ward's bishop.  He took each girl and talked with her.  What a special event.
Brittany, my first councilor, was part of the kitchen staff and Bonnie, my personal progress advisor, was over the YCLs.  It was fun to have great representation from our ward.
Abby and I in all our glory after three days of camping.
The Hilton sisters. Love these girls.

My whole Young Women, leaders and bishop.  I loved serving as the craft lady at girls camp.  I would do this job again.  I really enjoyed learning about the other girls and being apart of something so cool!
Big thanks to my sweetheart, Vaughn, for watching the kids while I was gone, and to those women who watched them while he was at work.  Thanks for allowing me to fulfill this calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment