Friday, July 5, 2013

Fourth of July Festivities

What is more American than Fourth of July pancakes that are in the shape of a number 4.  We were hoping to go to the Farragut town parade but it was raining and so we ended up not going.  It was kind of a bummer.  It rained most of the day and our 4th of July plans dramatically changed.  I ended up working a few hours and took the kids with me, because Vaughn was at work as well. But...we were not going to let the rain ruin everything; we were still headed to the Smokies baseball game and fireworks.
We took rain ponchos, umbrellas and lots of smiles. It wasn't raining when we arrived, but within 30 minutes here came the rain.  So we put on our ponchos and sat in the rain waiting for the game to start.  It started 1 hour later.
Here is a picture of me and my best friend.  He was so good to stick this out with me.  I was going to go to this game come rain and more rain.
The kids had a blast getting wet, and dancing around.  They even made it on their jumbo tron four separate times.  They were troopers.  I was so glad that despite the rain they could have a good time.
This is how the field was for an hour trying to wait out the rain.  The rain would come and pour for 30 minutes and then go away for 30 minutes and then come back.  It was a vicious cycle.  We just kept laughing everytime it came because we would just get dry and then have to put our ponchos back on.
The kids each got a Smokies baseball from the cheerleaders.  That made their night.  I love those smiles.
In the 9th inning, Taryn was done.  It was about 11:00 pm and that is WAY past her bed time.  I couldn't believe that she fell asleep in the rain.  She woke up just in time for the fireworks, which were amazing.  It turned out to be a pretty good 4th of July.  I am so glad I could spend it with my family and  be able to be proud to be an American.

No comments:

Post a Comment