Sunday, August 4, 2013

Poison Control

Who has ever really used that number for poison control on the back of something. Luckily I have never had to do that.  But I about did!  Long story short:
I was cleaning over at the Winters' condo and was uncapping the Soft Scrub to clean the tub.  (Something I do all the time). When I uncorked the cap, a tiny hard piece of Soft Scrub flew up into the far corner of my right eye.  Holy Mother Hubbard.  It hurt something fierce!
I quickly put my head under the sink, turned on the water, and let as much as I could stand run into my eye to wash out the chemical.  When I could, I called Vaughn who told me to keep flushing out my eye for the next five minutes.  He also told me that if it didn't get better to call poison control.  Luckily it did get better and I could get out bit by bit of the Soft Scrub.  But the abrasiveness of the chemical had already done some damage to my eye.  It hurt the rest of the day and I kept having a white gunk come out of it.  Finally by the end of the day, my eye was free from the white stuff and felt better.  What a deal...  I must need a swift kick in the butt once in a while. Ha ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment