Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Fat Lip Syndrome

By the look of the picture, Taryn looks like she has been run over and backed up on. Poor baby. We were at the high school on Friday working on the play Hello Dolly. I had the kids with me and told them to sit and not move. Sure mom! Little did I know that they would learn a lesson about obeying.

Taryn was running up and down the auditorium isles when she tripped, fell, and her front teeth went through her bottom lip. Funny thing is...I never knew she did it. I never heard a yell or a scream. When I finished teaching and sat down to watch the results, Taryn came over to me and I saw her bloody lip. Poor thing! Then the flood gates opened and she started to bawl. Luckily we were almost done and I could take her home and doctor her up. I am proud of her for not crying and being a BIG girl in front of others. Now we just have to go through the healing process. She has since learned that when mom says to sit and not move, she sits. Hard lesson to learn. Darn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment