Sunday, April 21, 2013

I Am Officially Mother-Of-The-Year

Just give me the award now.  Here is what happened in a nutshell.

Tyson lost his last tooth several weeks ago and set it out in his little envelop, like he has done with every other tooth, on his windowsill.  Well...this tooth fairy and helper totally forgot to set out the money and take the tooth.  So when Tyson wakes up the next morning only to find that the tooth fairy didn't come, I had to make up some cockamamie story about why she didn't make it.  Luckily he bought it and on went life for the day.
  I wrote myself a note that day reminding me to be the tooth fairy the next night.  Night comes and goes and Vaughn gets up early for work around 6 am.  He leaves and my eyes pop open as I realize that I have not played the tooth fairy yet.  So I quietly creep into Tyson's room, leave a dollar where the envelop was, take the envelop and proceed to leave his room when I hear him say, "Mom are you the tooth fairy?"  CRAP!!!  I spun around quickly and told him to go back to sleep, then I rushed into my room, hid his envelop and laid in bed listening for sounds.  I heard him get up and sounder into the bathroom and knew he was disappointed.  He came into my room and I answered his questions about the tooth fairy, the New Year's Baby and even the Easter Bunny; TRUTHFULLY!  He then asked if Santa was real and I dodged that question with something else.  I am not ready to admit that one.  I don't want to see anymore magic leave his little eyes.  I mean, he has been asking a lot of questions lately and I know that he knew something was up, but he still believed.  So for now I will dodge the Santa question and hope he still believes for a little bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment