Friday, May 24, 2013

Dog-sitting

Yep, we are dog sitting the Crandall's dog Meg.  It has been the best experience for the kids.  They have wanted a dog for a long, long time, but we are not in a position to get one...yet.  And since they haven't ever really been around a dog, I offered to watch my friend Whitney's dog while she and her husband went on a vacation.  We have MEG, the dog, for 7 whole days.  My kids have been learning all about taking care of a dog.  It is kind of nice knowing that we can learn with this dog and give it back in a few days.  I am not ready to take care of a dog, because let's face it, the mom always ends up taking care of the animals.  Right?

This trial run, if you will, has shown my children that taking care of an animal requires work, but they have loved every minute of it.  They have even been picking up poop from the yard and Tyson, with much coaxing, cleaned up the dog's throw up.  I have thoroughly been enjoying watching them grow into little responsible kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment