Monday, February 25, 2013

Touched by an Apostle

Yesterday we had a special stake conference where Elder Dallin H. Oaks came to speak to us.
About an hour before the conference started, Elder Oaks walked around through the crowd and shook hands.  We didn't know if he was going to shake everyones' hand, so when we saw him a few rows up from where we were sitting, both Vaughn and I pushed Tyson up towards him to go and shake his hand.  Well...we didn't have to push much, because Tyson was thrilled at the chance to shake his hand.
It was awesome!  Tyson came back and said, "Mom, I was touched by an Apostle.  I am never washing my hand again."  Love it!  Then, to our surprise, Elder Oaks worked his way to our row and shook the whole family's hand.  So Tyson got to shake his hand twice.  Lucky kid!
The meeting was really good and the spirit was pretty strong in there.  Needless to say, I have been on a spiritual high ever since.  I hope this feeling doesn't go away for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment