Thursday, February 21, 2013

Ijams Hiking

What are we looking at?  Honestly, I don't know.  But we were hiking at the Ijams Nature Center, and we had to stop and take a look at something across the road.
Monday was Presidents Day and the kids were off school.  I was bound and determined not to stay in the house no matter what.  It has been rather chilly during the past several days but this day was an exception.  So I called my friend Heather, whom I knew was hanging out at home, and told her to grab her kids and come with us.
Taryn was less than happy to go on a hike.  (I think the one we took her on last time, Abraham's Falls, kind of took the fire out of her.)  She did everything possible to let us know that she didn't want to go and do this.  Thank goodness the trails were not hard hiking and she was all smiles, like shown above, the whole day.
Look closely at the kid in the grey sweatshirt with his arms outstretched.  Yes, that would be Tyson. He is all about being a photo diva these days.
At one point along one of the nature trails, there were these rope looking trees that were growing up and over the other big trees.  The kids had to try climbing them.  That is about as far as Taryn got.
Nice photo op. I want to come to this place in the spring, when everything is in bloom or during the fall when the leaves change.  I bet it is gorgeous.  I have to come for another photo op.
There was this little courtyard looking place.  Looked like a place to have a wedding.  Vaughn posed for my picture.
This is what the trails looked like.  Not to hard to hike.  
My sweetheart.  It was so nice to spend a day with my family, outdoors, having fun.  Loved it!
Taryn found the totem poll.
There were these man made tepees.  Tyson was pretending to play a peace pipe and wanted a picture. Told ya he was a photo diva.


We found the biggest rock there and had to climb it.  That is my girl.  Her momma was a climber too.

At the end of the day we were all tired, but it was worth it.  I love being outside when we can be, and there is nothing better than doing things with your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment